Chief Nursing Officer - Operations Executive
- North Kansas City, Missouri
Spencer Reed Healthcare is reviewing resumes of Chief Nursing Officers (CNO), Directors of Nursing (DON), Chief Clinical Officer (CCO) and other Nursing Executives of all kinds that are skilled in psychiatric, behavioral health, and geriatrics health care. We're looking for a professional with a servant leadership style, interested in a long term career opportunity to develop a collaborating clinical team in harmony.
Our client has given us an exclusive executive search to find the right candidate that will take their healthcare and hospital in-patient operations to the next level. They are currently in growth mode, and need someone who's experienced in leading through serving. They're expanding from a 24-bed facility in one location to a 72-bed facility in two locations focusing on serving acute care and geriatrics patients, and need an experienced Nursing Executive to take things to the next level and lead.
- This role will be working as both as the Chief Nursing Officer and Chief Operating Officer combined on a daily basis overseeing 2 facilities.
- As Chief Nursing Executive, provides oversight for leadership and strategic planning of the nursing services and programs offered at the facility, ensuring programs meet the needs of the community and the facility’s performance goals and objectives.
- Responsibilities include oversight for overall administrative processes and management systems for all nursing services offered at the facility, promotion and maintenance of a therapeutic environment and development/ implementation of patient care services.
- The CNO will be leading a team of at least 75 clinical staff at all times between 2 locations in the most northern Kansas City Area.
- As Chief Operating Officer, acts in the role of Hospital Administrator and is responsible for the effective and profitable management of the facility.
- Provides direct support to a staff of 75+ professional, technical and support personnel.
- This includes accountability for planning, directing and coordinating all operational functions necessary for current and continuing development and effectiveness of the facility and its healthcare units.
- Specific responsibilities include direct accountability and oversight for other major operational functions including Assessment and Referral, Business Development, Clinical Services, Dietary Services, Human Resources, Performance Improvement/Risk Management, and Utilization Management, ensuring operational efficiency of the clinical programs.
- Moreover, this position will be responsible for maintaining contact with regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with JCAHO, DFS and DCFS regulations and state and federal regulatory standards and for ensuring compliance with all facility policies and procedures.
- Master's degree in Nursing (MSN) or Nursing related masters level degree.
- At least 5 years of senior level management experience in healthcare administration, with 3 years minimum experience in psych or mental health nursing. 10 years of experience is preferred, but not required.
- Licensed as an Registered Nurse (RN) in Missouri or higher.
- Experience with a servant leadership style, and developing collaborative teams and eliminating drama.
- Thorough knowledge of external reviews from organizations like: JCAHO, CMS, OSHA regulations, patient rights standards along with all state and federal regulatory standards.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check, standard hospital onboarding and drug screening.
Hours / Benefits / Compensation:
- 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday are standard working hours.
- Full Benefits from day one (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and much more)
- $120,000 to $190,000+ based on experience, skill level and previous salary compensation history.
- Long term career opportunity, direct hire/permanent position from day one. Spencer Reed Healthcare is just doing the prescreening for the role.
- Relocation Package is available (depending on what needed, along with additional compensation)
If interested, please contact Saiday Recruiting Manager who is actively recruiting on this exclusive role at 913-327-2810 along with emailing your most updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (along with at least 2 professional references). Even through it's a long term direct hire position, this role is time sensitive. If interested, please contact as soon as humanly possible as it's an immediate need for the hospital. Or before it gets filled by someone else!