Construction Project Manager
- Kansas City, Missouri
This position is responsible for both project and field management aspects of the job and ensures projects are completed on time, within budget and according to client expectations. . The project manager may be asked to provide oversight to multiple construction projects, but will also shift to leading a single project when necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Effective communication with clients, sub-contractors, and team memebers
- Project schedule preparation knowledge
- Pre-planning and resource forecasting knowledge
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress and effectively reporting
- Ability to assist with coordination of activities on jobsites
- Ability to resolve conflict that may arise during the project
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards
- preparing cost estimates
- Familiarity with project management systems and technology
- Assist lead project manager with project communication by facilitating internal and external meetings, keeping work schedules updated and completing weekly status reports.
- Supervise the work quality, timeliness and overall performance of subcontractors, vendors and suppliers and initiate corrective action if any of these aspects jeopardize the success of the project.
- Minimum (4) years of experience in a commercial construction setting performing both project management and direct field supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, project management, or an equivalent combination of closely related education and construction experience
- Basic knowledge of project management and scheduling software