- Overland Park, Kansas
This role will be responsible for working on a team of engineers to create and provide unique solutions for our diverse clients and projects. The right candidate will be a creative problem solver while always being able to “think outside of the box”.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Ability to manage multiple, parallel projects using formal project planning techniques.
- Basic knowledge of electrical controls, pneumatic controls and hygienic design is required.
- Excellent problem solving ability; Ability to coordinate own and others actions, manage own time.
- Sensitivity to problems; ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Employee must be personable with excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work in a team environment will be essential.
- Reading, interpreting and preparing production and submittal drawings (These drawings may include way-finding floor plans, interior elevations, shop drawings, blue prints and graphic layouts)
- Communicating effectively with all internal departments, at all levels of the company
- Utilizing SolidWorks 3D modeling software, AutoCAD (or similar) and Illustrator at high levels everyday
- Working in a deadline-driven, manufacturing environment
We are seeking candidates with:
- 5+ years of experience using SolidWorks 3D Modeling software, AutoCAD (or similar) and Adobe Illustrator in professional setting
- A passion for engineering and contributing to the building of innovative designs
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced, deadline-driven and ever-changing work environment
- Ability to work effectively autonomously as well as part of a team to find solutions with a collaborative, positive attitude
- Excellent math, verbal and written communication skills
Advantageous skills and experience:
- Thorough knowledge of materials, technology and fabrication techniques
- Training in Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design or similar field
- Sign industry knowledge
- Exposure to CNC machining
Spencer Reed Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.