HIPAA Regulatory Compliance Analyst
- Overland Park, Kansas
Spencer Reed Healthcare is currently reviewing resumes of HIPPA Regulatory Analysts, Quality Assurance, and QA Specialist of all kinds, skilled in the pharmaceutical and healthcare insurance industry. This position is a long term career oriented opportunity with growth potential in establishing an entire department as the company progresses. Our client is doubling their numbers in the next 12 months, and looking for specialists that can aid in the growth and making sure all is in HIPPA compliance.
- The HIPPA Regulatory Compliance Analyst will be responsible for representing the overall compliance posture of the team through effective collaboration and continual knowledge sharing of critical compliance requirements.
- The analyst will assist with documentation requests to support vendor, internal, and third-party audits.
- This position is also responsible for improving internal controls and driving change within the organization.
- The candidate will be responsible for collaborating with all relevant departments and will report to the Chief Legal Officer.
- Associate’s degree (AA) is required.
- Prefer associates or bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 3 years working as a paralegal in the areas of Intellectual Property and/or HIPPA compliance.
- 3-5 years of experience performing IT Audit/ IT Compliance assessments/ Gap assessments, ideally focused on either security or privacy compliance.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in Information Technology disciplines 1 of which must be working with HIPAA related controls.
- A basic understanding of IT technologies and processes, such as protocols, infrastructure, middleware, networking, software and hardware desired.
- Experience leading regulatory reviews including HIPAA, SOC I & II, and SOX.
- Extensive process documenting experience is required.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with applicable data security, compliance and privacy practice laws.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Understanding of applicable regulatory requirements including SSAE16 SOC I & II, SOX and HIPAA.
- The ability to analyze compliance and control initiatives and to engage other team members in process improvement projects.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to understand complex data and organize data in presentable form for internal and external clients.
- High level of organization and planning skills, ability to create plans and the diligence to follow through and monitor the plans through execution to completion.
- Written and verbal communication skills are critical. Must be able to communicate with the technology providers as well as with business leaders. An ability to understand the technical details and communicate at a high level is essential.
- Strong sense of urgency, ownership, and accountability.
- Proficient in MS Office products, Jira, Confluence.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Exemplary planning and time management.
- Collaboration skills, Accuracy, Dependability, Flexibility
Essential Functions / Job Duties:
- Manage and respond to all Client, RFP, Audit, and Compliance requests.
- Work with all members of the IT team to maintain and update all IT controls, standard procedures, policies and enforcement of processes to enable compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Assist in periodic information risk assessments and audits to ensure that information systems are adequately protected to meet all appropriate requirements (HIPAA and associated IT controls).
- Analyze internal controls compliance program test results and work with IT Management to prepare management responses to all findings.
- Periodically review all IT internal procedures to ensure compliance under HIPAA policies (existing IT controls) and report findings to Management.
- Work with business unit owners and technology partners to ensure controls are in place and being executed.
- Assist in tracking and maintenance of action plans for the resolution of issues identified during assessment and audits. Provide needed assistance with the execution of those remediation plans
- Recognize, identify and escalate compliance or process related risks in a timely fashion.
- Performs ongoing periodic walkthrough and controls testing for compliance projects, including audits for IT and privacy projects, applications, operations and environments for adherence to corporate security policies and guidelines.
- Respond to requests for information to support audit, regulatory, and technology standards reviews.
- Participate in risk assessment activities to identify, reduce, and report on enterprise, technical, operational, and compliance risk in order to develop internal policies and procedures.
- Analyze client contracts to ensure information security and compliance objectives have been adequately addressed.
- Develop a clear understanding and working knowledge of Rx Savings Solutions internal processes, including the organizations' internal controls and Business Continuity Program. Organize data and other key information to assist with improved organizational efficiencies and communications.
- Develop proficiency in the laws and regulations pertaining to our Industry.
- Researches regulations by reviewing regulatory bulletins and other sources of information.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Perform other duties as reasonably requested by management (company wide job duty)
- $70,000 to $85,000 based on experience, skill level and previous pay history.
- 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday. Flexible in needed to come in earlier or later, no weekends.
- Exceptional Benefits majority company paid for (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K 4% match, etc.)
- Long term career opportunity with growth potential immediately. Looking for an individual that's interested in building their own department, with leadership qualities for the future.
If interested, please reach out to Saiday who's actively recruiting on this exclusive position at 913-327-2810 along with emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org your updated resume and 2 professional references. This position is time sensitive, contact as soon as humanly possible before the position is filled!