Histology Technician Needed-URGENT!
- Bolivar, Missouri
Spencer Reed Healthcare is looking for a skilled Histology Technician interested in a long term career oriented position, with a well established hospital near Bolivar, Missouri. This will be a direct hire position from day one with a new physician.
- Performs all steps in the preparation of tissue for diagnosis by a pathologist, including grossing of biopsies and small specimens, processing, embedding, microtomy, slide labeling and H&E staining.
- Assists with selection of new instruments, creation of standard operating procedures and subsequent validation and implementation of instruments and processes.
- Performs preventative maintenance and basic trouble shooting of instrumentation and equipment.
- Operates laboratory information systems, personal computers, and instrument-related computer software.
- Assists and supports quality assurance and improvement programs.
- Assists the pathologist in preparation of frozen sections.
- Provides assistance to other laboratory team members.
- Participate in regulatory inspections as appropriate.
- Files tissue specimens, blocks and slides.
- Trains new employees.
- Maintains supply inventory.
- American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Histotechnologist (HTL) or Histotechnician (HT) certification required.
- OR a Bachelor's degree AND at least one year full time experience functioning as a histotechnologist.
- At least one year experience in a histopathology laboratory.
Starting Pay, Duration and Benefits:
- $50,000 to $70,000 annually based on experience and skill level.
- Full time career opportunity with a growing company.
- Full and excellent benefits available. (Medical, dental, vision, 401K, etc.)
If interested, please contact Morgan Tate at 913-327-2824 along with emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org