- KANSAS CITY, Missouri
The Manufacturing Engineer coordinates the Tooling, Equipment, Assembly Methods and other related functions to ensure that products are manufactured in the most cost-effective and efficient manner. In this capacity, the Manufacturing Engineer works closely with Purchasing, Production and others within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Develop and recommend short and long-range goals and objectives for Lean Manufacturing.
- Evaluate current manufacturing systems to determine areas for improvement and recommend implementation schedule.
- Maintain current knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methodologies, prepare capital request, cost justifications to support recommendations.
- Prioritize and implement schedules for assigned projects using appropriate planning methods and facilitate project implementation.
- Serve a facilitator coach for teams during Kaizen events and follow up to assist supervisors to sustain work improvement.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- The qualified candidate must have a B.S in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering with Manufacturing experience.
- 3+ years of direct manufacturing experience
- Solidworks, Autocad, and Microsoft office experience
Electronics or Automation experience