- Overland Park, Kansas
General Description: Provide direction as well as hands on design and process improvements for manufacturing equipment, processes, systems design, modifications, which incorporates automation to improve productivity while maintaining safety and quality.
Education: B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a focus on automation preferred. Related disciplines considered.
- Lead the research, design, and development of automated processes and equipment to reduce material handling and labor requirements.
- Lead a project team of non-reporting individuals and outside vendors that effect the required change and improvement to insure the project is completed on time, in budget and that the intended objective is met.
- Utilize experience in robotics to affect their use in the welding and material handling areas.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Group to facilitate improvements on existing equipment and to guide them in the manufacturing of equipment that supports the automated process.
- Work closely with manufacturing leadership to identify automation opportunities, production issues, efficiency shortfalls and other hindrances in order to develop and propose electro mechanical solutions.
- Work closely with Research and Development to guide product design to affect efficient and low cost manufacturing techniques.
Desired Electrical Skillset: **
- Interpret, Modify & Create Electrical Circuit Schematics
- Understand, Troubleshoot, & Specify Common Industrial Control Systems & Components
- Proficient Use of a Multimeter for Circuit & System Debugging
- Working knowledge of NEC code
- Understanding of Industrial Safety Devices and Proper Use
- Programming Experience with PLCs (Allen Bradley, CLICK)
Desired Mechanical Skillset:
- Conceptualize, Prototype, and Design Mechanical and Electro-Mechanical Assemblies
- Working & Design knowledge of Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Basic Material Strength, Stress, and Fatigue Analysis (including FEA proficiency)
- Understanding of Basic Metallurgy
- Read, Modify, and Create Part CAD Models and Drawings
- Detailed understanding of common manufacturing and production techniques and equipment
- MIG and TIG Welding Understanding/ Experience (Aluminum is a Plus)
Excellent compensation and benefit package to include health insurance, short & long term disability insurance, paid vacations, and a 401 K Plan.
Job Type: Full-time