Occupational Health and Wellness Manager - KC, Missouri
Spencer Reed Group in collaboration with Truman Medical Center is conducting an executive search for an Occupational Health and Wellness Manager
1. Coordinates, plans, directs and organizes Occupational Health clinical operations and provides clinic support.
2. Monitors clinical care and facilitates ongoing process improvement.
3. Ensures Occupational Health practices, policies, and protocols are evidence based and current.
4. Facilitates and/or provides staff education and ensures staff competency.
5. Assists the Director of Occupational Health and Wellness with department budget maintenance, planning, staffing & equipment needs and projections.
6. Develops, implements, documents and evaluates policies and procedures for the department.
7. Actively participates in performance improvement activities or other quality management initiatives. Systematically initiates and evaluates the quality improvement and monitoring process. Provides appropriate follow up regarding process and quality activities as appropriate.
8. Provides leadership and support, meets the organizational goals and objectives as a role model within the organization.
9. Provides nursing services to contract personnel including but not limited to the UMKC School of Medicine (Residents, Fellows, and Medical Students), Medical Staff and the UMKC Dental School.
10. Accountable for maintaining and improving job knowledge and skills through continuing education and professional involvement.
11. Actively participates and provides leadership in Occupational Health for the Corporate Workers’ Compensation and Employee Safety Initiatives.
12. Actively participates and provides leadership in Occupational Health for the Corporate Employee Wellness Initiatives.
13. Provides service in a manner that is appropriate for the patient’s age; demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to meet the patient’s physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs.
14. Presents a courteous and helpful demeanor, appropriate for age, to all patients, visitors, other Truman employees/medical staff members, or any other person an employee encounters while representing Truman Medical Center.
15. Maintains current knowledge related to applicable statutes, regulations, guidelines and standards necessary to perform job duties in accordance with the requirements of the Corporate Compliance Plan. Complies with the requirements of the Code of Conduct, Corporate Compliance Plan and Compliance Policies and Procedures, including training requirements. Participates in compliance activities under the direction of the Department Manager and Corporate Compliance Officer.
1. Applicants are required to be an RN and to have a Baccalaureate degree Maintain current Missouri license as a professional nurse (RN). 2. Current BCLS certification.
3. Five years Occupational Health nursing experience.
4. Three years progressive leadership experience.
5. Two years experience in wellness program management and/or project management.
6. Demonstrated exceptional communication skills-verbal and written.
7. Sound judgment sufficient to ensure the integrity of operations and to provide exemplary leadership in the development of teamwork among the staff.
8. Strong organizational skills.
9. Ability to take initiative and to exercise independent judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
10. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and external to the medical center.
11. Computer aptitude.
1. Master’s Degree
2. Certification in an Occupational Health or Safety specialty area.
3. NCCA accredited certification in Personal Training and/or certification in group fitness.
3. Membership in a minimum of one professional nursing organization.
Pay and Schedule:
Confidnetial per client request
This is a VERY time sensitive opportunity. If you are interested, please contact Morgan Tate directly at email@example.com or 913-327-2824