Pump Sales Engineer
- Lenexa, Kansas
The Pumping Sales Engineer has responsibility for working with technical Representatives, Design Engineers, Industrial End-Users, and Contractors.
This position will advise, train, assist, coach and follow-up with engineering consultants and customers.
This is a salary and commission based position requiring approximately 75% travel.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Follow-up with assigned Technical Representatives on inquiries and projects, tracking from inquiry to order.
- Travel to assist and design in setting up technical presentations, attending trade shows.
- Train technicians on equipment and how it operates and is maintained.
- Guide Design Engineers and Industrial End-Users on how existing equipment can be upgraded to current technology.
- Provide technical assistance to Representatives Designers and Industrial End-Users.
- Maintain open and effective line of communication between the sales representatives, application engineering group, and internal departments, promoting team effort, mediating differences, and improving interpersonal relationships and cooperation.
- Maintain effective line of communication with customers (including end users, contractors, and designers) as necessary for overall success.
- College degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Industrial), or equivalent experience.
- A strong background in mechanical engineering is preferred.
- A background that includes knowledge of pumping, waste-water treatment, headworks, electrical control systems or other capital equipment is preferred.
- Experience in Engineering, working for a Manufacturer, or a Manufacturer's Rep firm, is highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Sales calls, negotiations, closing business.
- The ability to work with and communicate with a variety of people in a positive, persuasive and professional manner is critical.
- Ability to travel 50-75% is required.