- Olathe, Kansas
Family-owned, Olathe-based industrial packaging equipment supplier in search of Purchasing Manager to build and lead purchasing department and would be responsible for coordinating activities involved in procuring products and services from our business partners. These items could include packaging products for resale, raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, other services, and company supplies. This position is also responsible for managing our suppliers through the development of supplier scorecards and price negotiations.
- Pricing negotiations with vendors
- Understanding of the market and economy to support procurement efforts
- Work with Sales and Customer Service Team to identify and qualify new vendors and establish accounts, credit, and terms
- Take ownership in the role and do not rely on others to perform the responsibilities of this role
- Maintain current inventory for equipment, supplies, raw materials, and parts
- Execute vendor price increases and rebate programs
- Collaboration across internal teams
- Packaging material product knowledge and proficiency in product sourcing
- Experience negotiating pricing and terms with suppliers
- Knowledge of and experience working with supplier quality rating systems
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem solving skills
- High sense of urgency to respond to customer needs
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer relation skills
- Self-motivated and willingness to work independently and with a team
- Required purchasing experience: minimum of 5 years
- Family-oriented environment with management that truly cares about you, your professional goals, and your family needs.
- Autonomous platform in newly created position.
- Opportunities to develop and mold purchasing department, optimize processes and SOPs, and enhancement of vendor and customer relationship programs.
- Complete coverage of employee benefits package.