- Grandview, Missouri
United States of America
• Interface with design engineering to review all injection molded design concepts for tooling feasibility and cavity optimization. Make recommendations to optimize design and tooling. Provide competitive quotes (cost, LT, cavitation, and press size) based on recommendations.
• Participate in engineering design reviews to reach a final product and tooling design that is capable of meeting customer requirements.
• Hot runner systems experience required.
• Kick off all new injection molded tooling by conducting a tool design review in the tool shop. Approve details of the tool design, ensuring that our molding standards are applied.
• Work with engineering/quality/tool shops to ensure that the tool is capable of producing parts to print before shipment to the Grandview location. Set up and observe trials; review tool and part dimension layouts; make recommendations to correct any tooling/process discrepancies.
• Assist process engineering in the set up and verification of a new injection molded tool in our production environment. Ensure that tool is not damaged, identified properly, and is capable of producing parts to print.
• Assist process engineering/production in the troubleshooting of current production tools. Make corrective action recommendations based on observations and analysis.
• Assist in the development of an injection molding maintenance program. Assist in the training of injection molding die setters, maintenance technicians, and operators
• Continually develop and update the molding standards book based on new technologies
• Find and implement state-of-the-art tooling techniques
• Locate and utilize competitive minority tooling vendors
• Participate as a member of launch teams as assigned by program management
• Perform other duties as requested by your supervisor
• Complete program management tasks in a timely and effective manner
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline desired; plastics technology focus desired
• 2-3 years experience in design and development of injection molding tools
• Knowledgeable in APQP
• Experience with precision and multi-cavity tooling for the automotive industry required
• Excellent internal and external relationships with all levels of management
• 5-10% travel to observe tool trials