CONTROLLER opportunity in Overland Park, KS!
Controller for a successful privately owned company with a global client base. Award winning company with a consultative approach to client interactions that lead to flawless execution of services. This hands-on Controller will manage all financial operations and work closely with the leadership team. Flexible working hours with a great work-life balance.
* Bachelors degree in Accounting, Masters preferred but not required
* CPA a plus, but not required
* 4-5+ years of accounting experience in roles with increasing responsibility
* Strong understanding of internal and external controls including monthly/quarterly/yearly close, financial statements, AP, AR, job costing/coding, fixed assets/depreciation, GL, and bank reconciliations
* Experienced with payroll oversight including deductions and reimbursements
* Familiar with tax requirements including withholding and unemployment tax
* Assist with HR documentation i.e., I-9, W-4, K-4, W9, W2, 1099, etc.
* Has worked with external auditors providing financials for audits
* Excellent communication at all management levels
* Comfortable presenting financials to senior leaders and making suggestions on new software and processes that improve efficiency
* Ambitious, works independently, and takes ownership
For consideration, please email your resume to Melissa.Amaya@SpencerReedGroup.com