Spencer Reed Healthcare is reviewing resumes of Surgical Registered Nurses First Assistants, Operating Room Nurses (RNFA) looking for a new opportunity. CRNFAs that are subject-matter-experts in what they do. We're looking for RNFAs that has a true passion for health and taking care of the patient, along with leading, coaching and developing other nurses within a hospital system. We have 6 direct hire day shift position from day one. Not interested in any OR Nurses looking to be in the role for a few months. Long term career oriented candidates only will be considered.
Our client is a well established and one of the top leading health systems in the area. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. One of the hospitals which opened in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the hospital one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
- RN First Assistant's are responsible for delivering quality care to the patient during their peri-operative experience.
- In this role you perform all functions as delegated by the surgeon and within the realm of the RNFA experience, skill, ability and Nurse Practice Act.
- Directs and guides patient teaching, activities of ancillary personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
- Provides proper wound exposure through retraction.
- Facilitates hemostasis by sponging, pressure, suction and application of hemostats, ligatures and using electrocautery (bipolar), collagens, bone wax and homeostatic agents, etc.
- Injects local anesthesia under direction and/or discretion of the surgeon.
- Correctly approximates tissue layers such as fascia, peritoneum, subcutaneous tissue and skin under surgeons direction and supervision.
- Practices under the direct supervision of the surgeon while dividing and manipulating tissue.
- Inserts and secures drains under surgeons direction and supervision.
- Participates in RNFA call schedule per departmental policy.
- Acts in the circulating and scrub roles to maintain skill level.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing.
- 2+ years of operating room nursing experience.
- Successful completion of a Nurse First Assistant program.
- CNOR required and CRNFA preferred.
- Licensed and currently registered in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Valid Healthcare Provider CPR certification required through the American Heart Association.
Starting Pay / Duration / Benefits:
- Compensation is flexible (confidential) but willing to compensate at whatever level for the right candidate. Bonuses and incentives can be included. Willing to compensate way above market value, based on experience, skill level and compensation history. Finding the right candidates is most important for this opportunity.
- Extremely minimal on-call AND no weekends.
- Up to $10,000 in relocation compensation for the right candidate (case by case scenario based on what the need).
- Full and Excellent Benefits available (medical, dental, vision, 401K, etc.)
- Direct hire from day one. Long term career oriented candidates only will be considered.
If interested, please contact Saiday Recruiting Manager actively recruiting on this role at 913-327-2810 along with emailing your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with 2 letters of recommendation or professional references. These positions are time sensitive. If interested, please contact as soon as humanly possible before it gets filled by someone else!