Oversee the maintenance and continuous operation of all building systems including: fire/life safety, mechanical (HVAC, plumbing, controls) electrical (lighting, UPS, PDU, generators, primary switch gear), lighting and temperature controls systems, critical environments, and light construction.
- A very high percentage of “wrench time” is expected – this is a working supervisory position.
- Identify the maintenance objectives of the facility and incorporate those objectives into a documented plan that includes preventive, predictive and reactive maintenance procedures.
- Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building’s staff and occupants work in a safe environment.
- Maintain all infrastructure and compliance documentation for the building including up-to-date building drawings as well as documentation mandated for the purpose of maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal, State and Local laws.
- Responsible for efficient planning and scheduling of work including but not limited to corrective maintenance, preventative maintenance, and projects.
- Responsible for ensuring that major projects performed at the building are properly planned, executed and closed out in accordance with standard industry practices.
- Some overtime is to be expected as well as being on-call for after hours and/or weekend work.
- This position has responsibilities at multiple buildings and sites and requires the ability to safely travel between all sites.
- Performs additional job duties as requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related fields OR any equivalent combination of Associates Degree, HVAC Operating Engineers License and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Currently holds similar position or has verifiable managerial experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
HVAC troubleshooting and repair, electrical experience up to 3-phase, 480 volt systems and plumbing repair and troubleshooting. Experience with maintenance on the following equipment: chillers, boilers, thermal storage, pumps, heat exchangers, life safety systems, utility services,