Summary: You will be responsible, as an Electrical Design Engineer, for the design of electrical and control systems utilized in the machines produced by our United States operations. Your responsibilities will also included creating and updating documentation, assembly drawings, electrical drawings and layouts, instructions for electrical and process systems developed, and maintaining revisions of all electrically related documentation.
Time Utilization: Normal business hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm (1 hour lunch break) when in the Kansas City Office Monday – Friday. Some Saturdays may be required (work load dependent).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- You will have a competent understanding of electrical and electronic fundamentals and circuits.
- You will have a competent understanding of basic networking systems including Ethernet.
- You will demonstrate technical proficiency with Mitsubishi PLCs and GOT interfaces, Mitsubishi programming software, various drives and controls systems.
- You will continue educating yourself in all software platforms utilized by XXXX through various means, classes, courses or other avenues assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- You will research and stay current on all safety standards for our industry, including but not limited to ANSI B11.19, ANSI B155.1, Z432, and relevant ISO and NFPA standards.
- You will be responsible for designing control systems, safety systems, and processes within the regulatory safety standards for our industry to operate equipment manufactured by XXXX.
- You will generate and improve all electrically related instructions, processes, and documentation for manuals in paper, digital, and CD versions.
- You will maintain existing electrical parts drawings and the associated assembly bill of material (BOM) documentation as design improvements and other changes are made with accuracy.
- You will maintain drawing revisions as changes are made, notify manufacturing, and update in the ERP system.
- You will demonstrate proficiency with Windows based software such as Microsoft Office.
- You will always demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy, and organization in the execution of job duties.
- You will promote a cooperative work environment, follow company policies and procedures, and communicate effectively at all times.
- You will be required to follow-up and provide guidance from project inception to completion.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree (BA) or equivalent from a four-year college; or equivalent experience or comparable combination of education and experience. Packaging or related experience is a plus. Electrical, pneumatic, mechanical, and machine shop understanding is expected. Electrical aptitude is needed.
Must have the ability to respond and adjust to changing or new situations, work well in high stress environments and maintain professionalism in dealing with co-workers and customers.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as electrical drawings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
To perform this job successfully, you must be proficient in Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Internet software; Human Resource systems; ERP systems; and Database software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typical office and production environment as well as occasionally being exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and work near moving mechanical parts. The associate is sometimes exposed to extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to sit.
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.