Our Client is a product design, development, and manufacturing firm with strengths in software development, electrical engineering, They are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with the following Reponsibilities.
1. Complies with all Quality System procedures and work instructions.
2. Directs the design of the mechanical portion of the project:
* Coordinate with Project Manager, Electrical Engineers, Industrial Designers, or customer
* Develop Engineering spec for project
* Specify and approve materials
* Specify and approve manufacturing process
* Specify components
3. Coordinate project documentation for manufacturing:
* Developing test validation and verification plans
* Design of fixtures
* Complete documentation
4. Develop project documentation for manufacturing:
* Drawings /ECO’s
* Test plans and fixtures
* Assembly instructions and fixtures
* Approve components for production
* Approve tooling
5. Coordinate vendors in fabrication and assembly of products and projects:
* Identify and correct production issues
* Product/production support from pilot through end of life
* Input on production line and assembly processes
* Look for methods to continuously improve product throughout lifecycle
6. Provide input for feasibility and estimates for quotation of prospective projects.
7. Assemble and fabricate prototype, show, and test equipment.
8. Directs the Mechanical design reviews:
* Stress and durability analysis
* Overall design integrity analysis
* Design for manufacturing analysis
9. Acts as a mentor to less experienced engineers.
10. Provide input for new vendor evaluations
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
Demonstrated ability to perform:
* Advanced working knowledge of principles, concepts, theories and/or practices of Mechanical Engineering, (i.e. electro-mechanical design and the fabrication processes, electronics test fixture design).
* Advanced problem solving, project management, data analysis and critical thinking skills.
* Sound ability to manage time, make quality decisions, manage and measure work.
* Advanced knowledge and experience with 3-D modeling software (i.e. Solidworks).
* Advanced knowledge of product-related materials.
* Advanced analytical skills.
* A self-starter and able to multitask successfully.
* Advanced leadership skills