|COMMERCIAL SALES ASSOCIATE JOB DESCRIPTION
- Initiate, develop and grow commercial painting relationships.
- Ensure customers receive a detailed written proposal for all requests.
- Generate RFP’s (Request for Proposals)
- Research and identify key targets
- Drive business in new markets
- Follow up with existing clients as assigned
- Attend relevant trade shows
- Run and attend lunch and learns and other events
- Cookie drops to solicit new business
- Attends marketing meetings
- Develop a close working relationship with the Marketing Associate, the Production Associate, and Job Site Supervisors to ensure all expectations set forth on the written proposal are met.
- Identify prospects in target markets
- Initiate contact and build relationships through individual contacts and relevant trade associations
- Participate in all Company sponsored shows and events.
- Win sales commitments with new customers in a competitive market
- Grow revenue from existing accounts and relationships
- Meet with customer, in person whenever possible, to perform estimate and gather information about their needs pertaining to the execution of the project.
- Create a detailed and grammatically accurate written proposal which accurately, specifically, and clearly defines both the needs of the customer and the expectations set forth during conversations between the customer and yourself.
- Take pictures of difficult production situations and/or customer service concerns during the estimate and insert into proposal. Pictures help clarify areas of work where text in the proposal may not.
- Responsible for approving change orders for jobs in progress.
- Upon landing the job, communicate clearly to the production staff the most up to date scope of work and the needs of the customer.
- Ensure all landed jobs are handed off to production.
- Assist with production as needed.
- Communicate with customer on production as needed.
- Facilitate the resolution of Customer Complaints in a timely manner.
SPENCER REED GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Prepares Weekly Analysis of Results in preparation for Goal Setting & Review with Supervisor.
- Update job profiles, customer profiles, and proposals .
- Relay specific invoicing instructions to OA when sent by customer.