Mechanical Design/Mechanical Engineer
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing the structures, thermal controls and electrical connections that bottle tremendous amounts of chemical energy in a tiny package and then releases it as controlled bursts of electricity.
- Conduct analytical or finite element analysis of the behavior of battery systems under various shock, vibration, and constant mechanical loads
- Support failure modes effects analysis and safety hazard analysis
- Work with vendors including plastics modeling, machining, sheet metal forming, stamping, welding, extrusion, casting, and 3D printing to ensure delivery of high quality, low cost parts
- Support manufacturing & quality engineering to develop assembly and test processes
- Define battery system requirements and derive mechanical requirements
- Design battery systems including the structure, electrical interfaces, and thermal subsystem
- Model and empirically verify the thermal behavior of battery systems
- Must be energetic, Independent and a team player.
- Excellent ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Excellent initiative, time management, and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with SolidWorks and Matlab/Simulink
- Familiarity with finite element analysis preferred.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering preferred.
- Spencer Reed Group is an AA/EOE