The Medical Office Receptionist is the first point of contact for patients. Welcome guests, provide hospital information, and address patients concerns. Schedule all appointments with health care professionals and specialists. Very friendly, empathic and someone with a calm and patient disposition.
- Welcomes patients and visitors to the medical office by greeting patients and visitors in person and on the telephone and answering inquiries or referring questions to other staff members.
- Schedules appointments for the physicians and physician assistant to optimize patient satisfaction, provider time and most effective use of examining and treatment rooms. Prepares a daily schedule of examinations for each provider.
- Retrieves patient files from cabinet, checks for correct sequence of papers, inserts new patient record forms, and places files in sequence for physician examination or treatment.
- Endeavors to keep patients on schedule by reminding provider of service delays.
- Assists ill or distraught patients as necessary. Telephones taxis or family members when necessary for transportation.
- Maintains reception area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Assists patients with insurance papers and billing questions.
- Opens and sorts office mail. Delivers outgoing mail to the post office at end of day.
- Participates in the medical office emergency routine when required. Summons ambulance or EMS or assists other staff members as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Personality and demeanor to deal with the public and assist ill, older, or distraught patients.
- Ability to channel/direct incoming calls that need immediate emergency attention.
- Basic office skills such as typing and filing.
- Experience in the medical field reading insurance cards, inputting information, and talking to insurance companies.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Someone who is willing to go “above and beyond” for the patients, customer service.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the medical industry.
For immediate consideration: please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org