Design, document and build equipment/components for Huhtamaki manufacturing facilities and customer installations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Manage all aspects of design for packaging equipment and in-house converting machinery. This includes conceptualization, design, and documentation for all manufactured components. Creation of detail and assembly drawings including itemized bill of materials for both purchased and manufactured parts.
- The Project Engineer must be capable of designing new machinery from the ground up, rebuilding or modifying existing machinery, recommending machinery for purchase, and troubleshooting unfamiliar machinery. Evaluate and modify equipment to achieve optimum performance at minimal cost.
- Project Engineer is responsible for both machine design and project management. Maintain project budgets, track time lines and prepare progress reports. Direct projects through all phases including assembly, debugging, training and installation.
- Responsible for startup of new equipment lines in Huhtamaki converting facilities and customer plants.
- Possess fundamental understanding of pneumatic and electrical schematics, troubleshooting, and PLC programming.
- Identify potential material and process savings through observation and analytical methods. Support cost reduction activities through process improvement, equipment modification, and material changes.
- Prepare and present reports project updates and provide frequent written communications to management.
- Interact with Customers, Sales, Service, Quality and Plant personnel to identify and solve issues with packaging materials and equipment.
- Some travel required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.