The position will primarily be responsible for supporting fund accounting and analysis for non-cash (complex) assets contributed to and held by the company. Specifically, this position will manage the accounting and bank transactions, perform accruals and reconciliations, and assist with the tax returns and the annual audit related to non-cash gifted assets. This position must understand and apply sound accounting principles but also learn and understand the ministry to effectively support the organization.
- Prepare the Summary of Activity (SOA) statements for Complex Asset donors.
- Support month end closing for complex assets and donor advised funds, including preparing and recording journal entries, consolidation entries, completing account reconciliations and developing variance analysis. Complete bank reconciliations for supporting organization and complex asset accounts.
- Maintain the complex asset portion of the monthly Finance management reporting package for the company. This will include learning the ERP system and how to develop reports using the software.
- Complete analysis for key real estate asset holdings and working with 3rd party property management companies.
- Perform accounting and investment analysis functions for supporting organizations.
- Coordinate with internal legal team to complete complex asset gift intakes and sales and ensure appropriate documentation is in place.
- Manage alternative investments held within donor funds by tracking and facilitating capital calls and examining statements to update investment values.
- Develop and maintain documentation for Complex Asset accruals, cash reconciliations and other journals to comply with the company's accounting policies, internal controls and to support the annual external audit and the 990-tax return. Work directly with the Auditors as part oft completing a successful annual audit.