The Technical Analyst is responsible for interacting with stakeholders from a client organization by providing technical guidance concerning the organization’s business plan and requirements.
The Analyst will formulate, define and document business processes and functions, assess values of changes, assist in development of business cases, and analyze software requirements for technology initiatives.
The Analyst will identify and review online products, content management systems, and business information systems and make recommendations to the client organization.
Must be willing to travel up to 50 percent of the time.
Full-time or contract position available.
- Drives to increase the value and reduce the risks of the client’s automated solutions through identification and creation of innovative technical solutions.
- Defines product scope, objectives, and requirements.
- Expertly researches and documents client needs, technical requirements and use cases.
- Coordinates requirements walk-through and acceptance.
- Assists in creating solution components such as user stories, story boards and journey maps.
- Assists in building a common set of technology capabilities, starting with assessment through planning, design and implementation.
- Analyzes and document technical processes and technologies, contributing through delivery of new solutions.
- Analyzes new capabilities, software solutions and technologies, assessing their value to the client.
- Leverages programming skills to build portions of client applications.
- Compiles compelling and easily understood presentations for client.
- Ability to listen actively by summarizing, asking and clarifying questions, and interpreting.
- Good multi-tasking and self-directing skills.
- Good verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Superior analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Focus on value to client in communication and completion of deliverables.
- Able to differentiate and translate technical benefits to business benefits.
- Experience working on a project that had accountability for dates and budget.
- Expert at capturing requirements and communicating solutions.
- Prefer experience with data analysis, security, visualization or interaction design.
- Splunk experience is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of the tools, techniques and principles used in application development in objective-oriented development, or other relevant technology.
- Knowledge of application architecture.
- Prefer a broad set of technical skills such as: SAP, Oracle, SOA, Mobility, Open Source or technical architecture.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and capable in Microsoft Project.
Experience and Education
- Ability to stop, collaborate and listen with technical and non-technical consumers from IT administrators to executive level stakeholders
- Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities